PASTURE-RAISED LAMB: AVAILABLE YEAR-ROUND
- Abby has been selling lamb with the “Rain Sheep” label to local restaurants and individuals since 2007. Rain Sheep is a Food Alliance certified small business in Albany, Oregon that purchases live lambs and has them custom cut for a multitude of accounts. As one of those accounts, Abby is able to order specific cuts of lamb that are delivered wrapped and frozen within a week.
- Primarily raised by the Wahl family of Langlois, the lambs eat a forage-based diet in an intensively managed pasture rotation system without the use of hormones. Once “harvested”, the lamb is dry-aged for 6 days to perfect flavor and texture. After cutting, the lamb is double-wrapped and rapidly frozen to maintain freshness up to a year.
- Abby orders lamb every Thursday for delivery the following Tuesday. Whole and half-lamb customers will have their lamb cut to personal specifications. Please call (541-348-2229) or email Abby by 11 am Thursdays to place an order.
- Please Check ABBY'S LAMB PRICE LIST
OREGON GRASSFED BEEF : AVAILABLE YEAR-ROUND
CANDACE'S PASTURED EGGS AND BROILERS: AVAILABLE YEAR ROUND
- See Candace's website for more info.
OCEAN HARVEST ALBACORE & DUNGENESS: AVAILABLE YEAR ROUND
- Tyler and Stacy Long are home grown Floras Creekers (Stacy grew up 2 ranches up the creek from Valley Flora). They have a combination crab & fishing boat called The Harvester and have taken to canning their catch under their own label.
- Capt. Tyler takes care with his catch, landing each fish on a foam pad to prevent bruising. The fish are bled and placed in ice water to cool before going in the hold for delivery. Tuna filets are canned fresh, never frozen, and only smaller, younger fish are canned in order to provide a reduced mercury product compared to store-bought brands. It's about as good as it gets.
- Premium hand-picked canned dungeness is also available.
- Please visit THEOCEANHARVEST.COM for ordering (online-store credit cards, shipping, local pickup and checks welcome).
PORT ORFORD SUSTAINABLE SEAFOOD: AVAILABLE YEAR ROUND (click here for species availability)
- Port Orford Sustainable Seafood offers Pacific Halibut, Lingcod, Blackcod, Cabazon, Chinook salmon, Pacific Albacore Tuna & 20 varieties of rockfish. All of the fish is fileted, vacuum sealed and frozen within 24 hours of being caught.
- Purchases can be made at retail location 444 Jackson St, Port Orford, Oregon on Wednesdays from 9AM – 4PM. You can also join our Community Supported Fishery (CSF) for seafood allotments 2x a month!
- POSS originated with 3 local fishermen who were seeking fair market price for their catches. We offer a higher price to neighboring fishermen in the Port Orford fleet.
- Port Orford fishermen use sustainable harvesting methods and selective gear, hook and line, to reduce harmful ocean-ecosystem destruction and target specific species. Our producers are family-owned fishing vessels less than 40 feet in length.
- Contact Capt. Aaron Longton or Stephanie Webb at 541.332.0627 or visit our website for more information.
COASTAL HILLS PASTURED POULTRY: AVAILABLE IN THE FALL
- Sustainably raised, pastured turkeys, on the Southern Oregon Coast on Diana Swenson's ranch near Four Mile.
- Contact Dianna Swenson (541-347-2812) or visit www.coastalhillspoultry.com