OREGON GRASSFED BEEF : AVAILABLE YEAR-ROUND
- See Joe's website for more info.
CANDACE'S PASTURED EGGS AND BROILERS: AVAILABLE YEAR ROUND
- See Candace's website for more info.
COASTAL HILLS PASTURED POULTRY: AVAILABLE IN THE FALL
- Sustainably raised, pastured turkeys, on the Southern Oregon Coast on Diana Swenson's ranch near Four Mile.
- Contact Diana Swenson (541-347-2812) or visit www.coastalhillspoultry.com
LANGLOIS LOCKERS: AVAILABLE YEAR-ROUND
- Sustainably raised, pastured pork raised by Sean Johnson in Langlois and Denmark, OR
- Contact Sean Johnson (541-251-3036) or visit www.langloislockers.com/
OCEAN HARVEST ALBACORE & DUNGENESS: AVAILABLE YEAR ROUND
- Tyler and Stacy Long are home grown Floras Creekers (Stacy grew up 2 ranches up the creek from Valley Flora). They have a combination crab & fishing boat called The Harvester and have taken to canning their catch under their own label.
- Capt. Tyler takes care with his catch, landing each fish on a foam pad to prevent bruising. The fish are bled and placed in ice water to cool before going in the hold for delivery. Tuna filets are canned fresh, never frozen, and only smaller, younger fish are canned in order to provide a reduced mercury product compared to store-bought brands. It's about as good as it gets.
- Premium hand-picked canned dungeness is also available.
- Please visit THEOCEANHARVEST.COM for ordering (online-store credit cards, shipping, local pickup and checks welcome).
PORT ORFORD SUSTAINABLE SEAFOOD: AVAILABLE YEAR ROUND
- Port Orford Sustainable Seafood offers Pacific Halibut, Lingcod, Blackcod, Cabazon, Chinook salmon, Pacific Albacore Tuna & 20 varieties of rockfish. All of the fish is fileted, vacuum sealed and frozen within 24 hours of being caught.
- Purchases can be made at retail location 444 Jackson St, Port Orford, Oregon on Wednesdays from 9AM – 4PM. You can also join their Community Supported Fishery (CSF) for seafood allotments 2x a month!
- POSS originated with 3 local fishermen who were seeking fair market price for their catches. They offer a higher price to neighboring fishermen in the Port Orford fleet.
- Port Orford fishermen use sustainable harvesting methods and selective gear, hook and line, to reduce harmful ocean-ecosystem destruction and target specific species. Their producers are family-owned fishing vessels less than 40 feet in length.
- Contact Capt. Aaron Longton at 541.332.0627 or visit their website for more information.