1 head red cabbage, cut into 2" pieces
A few radishes, cut into half moons
5 c water
2 Tbs. sea salt
2 Tbs. ginger, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 green onion, chopped
1/2 tsp cayenne
- In a large bowl combine water, 1.5 Tbs. salt, cabbage & radishes. Set aside on counter for 12 hours.
- Remove cabbage & radish from soaking liquid and combine with ginger, garlic, onions, cayenne & 1/2 tsp. salt.
- Put into a jar or crock. Pour soaking liquid over vegetables up to 1 inch from the top.
- Cover loosely with a clean cloth and set aside on the counter for 3-7 days.
- Enjoy plain as or as a condiment with other foods.
From "Healing with Whole Foods," Pitchford 2002.