To add richness, sauté three ounces sliced pancetta until crisp; crumble over before serving.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound carrots (about 4 large), peeled, cut into 3x1/4x1/4-inch sticks
- 1 pound large parsnips, peeled, halved lengthwise, cored, cut into 3x1/4x1/4-inch sticks
- Coarse kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey (such as heather, chestnut, or wildflower)
Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add carrots and parsnips. Sprinkle with coarse kosher salt and pepper. Sauté until vegetables are beginning to brown at edges, about 12 minutes. DO AHEAD: Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.
Add butter, rosemary, and honey to vegetables. Toss over medium heat until heated through and vegetables are glazed, about 5 minutes. Season to taste with more salt and pepper, if desired.