The Penultimate Week!
This is the second-to-last week for Harvest Baskets, egg shares and bread shares. Next week will be your final week of produce from us, so don’t forget to pickup your share and enjoy the end of the seasonal bounty. Mark your calendar with these final pickup dates:
Coos Bay: Wednesday - 12/12 - from 12 to 3 pm
Valley Flora: Wednesday - 12/12 - from 9 to 5 pm
Port Orford: Friday - 12/14 - from 5 to 7 pm
Bandon: Saturday - 12/15 - starting at 10 am (until Monday morning J)
Winter Farmstand! Wednesdays from 9-5! Rain or Shine, in the Shed!
There’s lots of great produce at the farmstand – a surprising array for this time of year! We are open each Wednesday through 12/19. It’s self-serve and honor system. We accept checks and cash (bring small bills because no one will be there to make change for you). Please make checks payable to “Valley Flora.”
Signing Up for Next Year!
As the season winds down, many of you are asking how to sign up for next year’s Harvest Basket, and when! Here’s the scoop:
- If you currently get a Harvest Basket (or any other items like eggs, bread, tamales, or salad shares) you automatically get priority sign-up for next year. There’s no need to put yourself on the waiting list.
- We usually start the priority sign-up process in February. We’ll send you an email at that time with instructions and a link to our online sign-up site.
- There will be a two to three week window for priority sign-ups.
- If your email changes between now and then, PLEASE let us know so that we can update your contact info in our system!
- Once the priority sign-up period is over, we’ll start inviting folks on our waiting list to sign up.
Stocking Stuffers from Valley Flora!
Need some locally-grown gift ideas for the holidays? Look no further!
- Valley Flora Gift Certificates! For use at our farmstand and u-pick, available in any denomination.
- Cranky Baby Hot Sauce! Available by the bottle, half case, or case:
- $5/bottle (5 oz)
- $27/half case (6 bottles)
- $48/case (12 bottles)
To order Cranky Baby or gift certificates, please email us your:
- Pickup location
- The amount you would like
We’ll deliver the hot sauce to your pickup site, or put the gift certificates in the mail to you.
In your share this week:
- Gold shallots
- Mixed beets
- Green Cabbage
- Confection Squash (Kabocha type – peel and enjoy roasted or mashed!)
This means that some pickup locations will receive it this week, others next week – or in a future week.
- Lacinato Kale
- Pac Choi
The Valley Flora Crystal Ball: What MIGHT be in your share next week…
Remember, no promises!
- Brussels sprouts
- Delicata Squash
Please note: all of our produce is field-rinsed, not washed. We recommend you wash all of your produce before eating it.
For recipes and ideas, check out these links:
Our own collection of recipes, where you can contribute and share your favorites
Our website’s recipe “search engine,” where you can hunt down recipes by ingredient
A vast collection of recipes, searchable by one or multiple ingredients
A storehouse of recipes, searchable by ingredient
A Washington farm that has a good collection of seasonal recipes